Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_5_] Peter T[_5_] is offline

Default List all combinations of 6/36 with unique 4 numbers

"joeu2004" wrote in message

There really is no need for me to try to identify the flaw(s) in your
implementation. I had already pointed to my implementation, which seems
to truly work (and it is m-u-c-h faster). It produces 2240 combinations
with unique quad subsets.
If you are interested, see "uniq 4 from 6 of 36.xls" at
https://www.box.com/s/2a361ad6de78e8f4865e.

Yeah there was a silly typo in mine,
in filterComb change
If bigArr(j, x) = arr(k) Then
If bigArr(j, i) = arr(k) Then

and guess what - it also returns 2240 combinations !

With that change although probably now correct it's even slower, I'll look
at yours tomorrow.

That said, presumably the task is a one off so I suppose speed is not
critical.

Regards,
Peter T