Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default List all combinations of 6/36 with unique 4 numbers

"GS" wrote:
One popular (abbreviated) wheeling combo generates 42
tickets with a 5 out of 6 odds of winning based on using
only 16 candidate numbers.

Please post a pointer to this website. I would like to understand those
odds ("5 out of 6") better.

Or do you mean: 5 out of 6 odds of matching at least some number (4?), but
__only_if__ at least some number (4?) of the drawn numbers are in the subset
of 16 numbers?

In other words, the real probability of "winning" is 5/6 times some
conditional probability (TBD)?

Even so, I would be interested in looking at the website.