Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_5_] Peter T[_5_] is offline

Default List all combinations of 6/36 with unique 4 numbers

I knocked something up to get a feel, pretty crude and slow but it churned
out 1,947,792 combinations of 6 numbers of which 16,431 fitted your '4 out
of 6' criteria. IOW would need to buy 16k tickets. Before spending time
trying to figure out what I might have misunderstood or why the routine
might be wrong, please explain why you are say "There should be around 320
combinations."

Regards,
Peter T

"Martin-888" wrote in message

Hello!

I've been looking at this all over the internet, and either I'm the
first one that looks for this or I can't word it properly... I can't
find anything.

I would like Excel to give me all the possible combinations of a 6/36
lottery, but only to win the 4 out of 6 numbers. There should be around
320 combinations.

For example these would be valid combinations:

1 2 3 4 5 6
1 2 3 7 8 9
1 2 4 10 11 12

These wouldn't be valid:

1 2 3 4 5 6

1 2 3 4 5 7

2 3 4 6 10 11

because "1 2 3 4" and "2 3 4 6" are appearing twice.

I hope someone will be kind enough to point me to the right direction.
Please let me know if my explanation isn't clear.

Thanks a bunch!

Martin

--
Martin-888