Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default How to retrieve number of visible digits after decimal pointin VBA

hi Nathan,

Sub Macro1()
Dim n As Double, itg As Integer, dcm As Double
n = 98.7654321
itg = Int(n)
dcm = Split(n - itg, ".")(1)

isabelle

Le 2012-07-13 13:43, N Lee a écrit :
Greetings:

Not sure if there's a way to do it, but someone might have a good idea. I want to retrieve the number of visible decimals

in a cell as an integer.

For instance, a cell has a value of 98.7654321, and displays as 98.8 because its NumberFormat is "#,##0.0_);(#,##0.0)".

This should return '1'.

A cell with a value of 87.6543212 would display as 88 if the value is zero.

I'm NOT asking how to format a cell to show a certain number of decimals. I already know how to do that by setting the NumberFormat.

I want to know how to retrieve as an integer the number of decimals that are being displayed.

Thanks,
Nathan