bobv bobv is offline
Junior Member

Default use content of a cell as an input for a google query and return the URL of the 1st re

use content of a cell as an input for a google query and return the URL of the 1st result:
I am looking for an automated solution that will use the content of a spreadsheet cell (A1), will run a query (via google) and will return the url of the website of the first result (of the google search). More specifically: in a cell in spreadsheet, I have the word "Nike". Expected scenario: I run the tool and in the neighboring cell, the tool returns "www.nike.com" and so on for a few thousands of cells, always the most likely website (= the first website in Google search). Thanks for ideas. I can imagine this can be done with a macro: open IE, copy content of A1, run the query and somehow return the url of the first result into neighboring cell (B1). Thanks a lot for help. I tried to look for it in this forum before posting my question but havent seen it so if it has been answered before, just post the link, thanks!

Bob