View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  

I realized a much easier way to say this I need to find matching cells between two columns in different sheets and the rows are not matched up as in there could be a value in cell A3 and I would need to find it even if its cell like A8 in the other sheet then i wanna move HOLE ROW to another sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by illfinduexl View Post
So I am new here and just can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get this problem solved.

Situation I have a excel spread sheet that is formatted and can not be sorted *its a long story just stick with we cant sort it* We will call it Datasheet 1
Datasheet 1 looks some thing like this

Name Address Zip Code
Bob 10 dog lane 12528 2
Andrew 27 mike street 18987 1
Stue 44 big road 45872 2
Frank 1 my street 55555 3

I then am given on a regular basis other excel sheets that are very random some have zips some don't , some have company name instead of name. All sheets have at least a address and a Name * for this example company name is the same as name* in summary these other sheets that come in are not sorted and have varying field types with at least name and address.

What I need to do is have a Sub script I can save that will run the incoming sheets against datasheet1 find names that are on sheet2 but not datasheet1 and write those To a third results sheet. Here is a example keep in mind that the sheet named sheet2 is not the way it will all ways be formatted but it will all ways have name and address in column A and B respectively. One of the biggest issues is that because nothing is sorted or formatted I need to find a matching value from datasheet1 column A any where in sheet2 column A

Datasheet 1
Name Address Zip Code
Andrew 27 mike street 18987 1
Bob 10 dog lane 12528 2
Stue 44 big road 45872 2
Frank 1 my street 55555 3

Sheet 2
Name Address Zip
Kyle 15 dog lane 12528
Andrew 27 mike street 18987
Alfred 8 lake drive 87456
Stue 44 big road 45872
Patrick 11 dog lane 11111
Frank 1 my street 55555

Out put should look like this

Kyle 15 dog lane 12528
Alfred 8 lake drive 87456
Patrick 11 dog lane 11111

Please keep in mind that the excel sheets ill be using are HUGE with over 15000 records so I can not just run a loop to check each cell. I will try and attach some excel examples along with this post. * Keep in mind this has to be done with a macro/script because it needs to be shared to other users and run able on new sheets*