Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Data Validation Link to Color Coating

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:29:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a several sheet document that has an index with
hyperlinks to 300 different selections. What I wanted
to add is a data validation list that if a specific
selection was made, such as yes or no it would color code
the row or cells on the associated sheet. Has anyone know
how to accomplished that and if so did you use Macros or VB?
Thanks for any help.

I can send an example of the workbook if necessary.

Here is a non-VB workbook that has cell value coloring.

It even has a gradient cell that changes color based on numeric value
from red at zero to green at full value.

They are on the MS template site.

http://tinyurl.com/7d92gwf

This one fills entire bands based on a value in a cell

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...102182467.aspx

Both are macro free function generated event workbooks.

I am sure there are better and worse methodologies out there.