Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
icystorm icystorm is offline

Default save and exit macro

Greetings:

I wrote a macro (below) to save a workbook to two files and exit. If
the paths are not available, the workbook should not be saved and
Excel should simply quit.

I think I may be misuing On Error Resume Next below, because the fact
that the script is not finding the path is not causing an error. Any
advice?

Again, if the path is not found, I want Excel to simply exit (after
restoring screenupdating and displayalerts). All changes are intended
to be discarded if the script is unable to locate and save to the
identified path. Thanks!

---

Sub archive_and_exit()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

On Error Resume Next
With ThisWorkbook
.SaveAs Filename:="\\test\test1" & ".xlsb"
.SaveAs Filename:="\\test\test2" & Format(Now, "mmm dd, yyyy -
hhmm AM/PM") & ".xlsb"
End With

Application.Quit
ActiveWorkbook.Close False