Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default Function for returning quarter based on current date?

hi,

supposing that cell A1 contains the date (03/31/12)

cell A2 contains the formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

cell B2 contains the formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+3,1)-1

cell A3 contains the formula:
=B2+1

cell B3 contains the formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A3),MONTH(A3)+3,1)-1

and now copy cell "A3:B3" down

--
isabelle

Le 2012-06-20 17:01, Steele1978 a écrit :
I am in need of a function that will return a quarter based upon the
existing date. For example, if todays current date is 3/31/12 and I am
working with a future date of 3/31/16 I need a function that would
return quarter 16 (being 16 quarters from my "current date"), and
further any date between 1/1/18 and 3/31/18 would return a quarter 24
(being 24 quarters form my "current date"). I need this to be accurate
through 40 quarters. Please help.
As a futher example:
Current date=3/31/12
Dates 4/1/12-6/30/12=Quarter 1
Dates 7/1/12-9/30/12=Quarter 2
Dates 10/1/12-12/31/12=Quarter 3
Dates 1/1/13-3/31/13=Quarter 4
Dates 4/30/13-6/30/13=Quarter 5
Dates 7/1/13-9/30/13=Quarter 6

and so on

It needs to work that so anytime I change the current date the quarters
follow suit.

Thank you