Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Excel PRICE function: How does it compute Issue Date of the Security

"PJ Hooker" wrote:
Joe, do you work for Microsoft???
As I noticed you contribute a lot on Microsoft Answers
and Microsoft's NewsGroups

No. These are so-called peer-to-peer forums: users helping users. I don't
believe you will find any Microsoft employees in the newsgroups, especially
since MS abandoned the newsgroups a year or two ago. As for the Answers
Forum, the only MS "employees" that participate (on rare occassion) are
contractors identified as "support engineers" (no "MICROSOFT" identifier).
For the most part, they seem to know very little about Excel in general; and
I am quite sure they know nothing about specific functions. Their responses
are the typical boilerplate "assistance" (I use the term advisedly) that you
would expect from online and telephone help-line folks. Useless at best,
IMHO; often a misdirection. Just ignore them. Arguing with their useless
information is pointless: they don't seem to know enough to offer an
educated counter-point.