MatthewTap

If you're trying to get it so that it can't be selected, then you can use the
sheet protection.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are, so some / all of this may be old hat
to you, but maybe it'll help and maybe it'll help someone else.

When you start with a new worksheet, each cell is by design locked. But,
the locking doesn't do anything unless the sheet is protected:
TOOLS PROTECTION PROTECT SHEET

One of the basic aspects is that you can make it so locked cells cannot e
selected. [you can even gray the cells out with shading first, if you like].
But, when you do that, those fields will be unselectable. Most folks would
suggest to first change the bulk of the cells you're going to use to
unlocked, and just lock the cells that you want to gray out.

hope this helps, and I hope I didn't yammer too much.

This will bring up a menu for you to check on what you want the locked cells
to do / what behaviors they should exhibit

"KLJ" wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could use Format|conditional formatting and change the color of the
row based on some criteria.

Or maybe you could lock those cells on that row (and unlock the other cells)
(format|cells|protection tab), then protect the worksheet.

But I'm not sure what "grey out" means...

KLJ wrote:

I am looking for a way to "Grey Out" a row in an Excel tracking chart I am
using. I did not want to use the text and fill colors if I did not need to.

Thanx !!

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks Dave.
I am trying to acheive an effect similar to what Microsoft does
when"buttons" are not available on a toolbar.

Kevin