Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Onion Knight Onion Knight is offline

Default Correct process for creating a linear trend line in Excel

On Jun 16, 12:18*am, Snit wrote:
On 6/15/12 5:11 PM, in article ,

"Foster" wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:47:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

On 6/15/12 3:44 PM, in article ,
"Foster" wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:29:39 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Onion Knight wrote:

There has been some debate in COLA as to the correct way to create a
linear trendline in Excel. Someone in the forum kindly made a video to
show what he thought was the correct method
http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/Lin...neCreation.mov

A couple of other people in the group say that the video skips a
number of steps but when I look at the directions from Microsoft I do
not see any they could be referring to.

Does anyone see any missing steps for the creation of a linear trend
line? I admit this is a bit over my head so any input would be welcome.

Give it up, Snit Glasser.

Nobody here believes that "Onion Knight" is anything but a sock

I agree.
Too many coincidences.

I think the other person who came out of the blue is a sock as well.

P.S. I fixed your reply to alt.test back to COLA as well.

First: I do not use socks. *I

I really don't want to get involved but all I will say is it looks
bad from my perspective.
End of it.
I'm out of the thread.

Again: Carroll is lying when he claims Onion Knight is my sock. *There is a
reason there is *no* support for his accusation... and a reason he is making
the accusation is clear: in addition to his paranoia, he is wanting to
change the topic from the fact I was right and he and cc were wrong.

But this is the last I will say on the subject unless there is something new
added to the subject... you know, like reason or logic or evidence or
something of value that would deserve a refutation. *Until then it is just
Carroll screaming how Onion Knight and Kaba are both my socks for no reason
other than the fact they are, at least mostly, right.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP

Steve knows he has been proved wrong so he is now in major attack
mode. You and I and anyone else who notes what a lying ass he is will
all be seen as the same person. This has been his MO for a decade or
more. He is ****ing insane.