bj

agreed, I didn't notice it was "*" instead of ":".

"RagDyer" wrote:

The Sum() is superfluous.

=$C7*D7 is sufficient and preferred.

RD

"bj" wrote in message
use
=SUM($C7*D7).
the dollar sign will make it stay at column C

"kevtherev" wrote:

Hello,

I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In
each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of
the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7).

I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the
formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that
I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc.

Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

--
kevtherev