tobnull tobnull is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Try the below formula in cell D2 on the June 2012 Report tab and copy down.
(Adjust the 21 near the end of the formula to the relevant last row on the real workbook)

=VLOOKUP($A2,'May 2012 Report'!$A$2:$D$21,4,FALSE)

It will feed in the "Note" from the previous report, if applicable, give #N/A if the reference in column A does not appear on the previous report and give a zero if the reference number appears but there was no note recorded.

Does that do what you're after?

Let me know either way and I will either adjust the formula if it's not what you meant, or sit back and enjoy being of help if it is :)

S.
That one works gives me what I am looking for but one thing:
1. several cells have #N/A

Tried <"" at the end but that just screwed up the formula giving me a false answer. Is there away to get a cell that does not match to be either blank or have a 0?