Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Macro for checking data in a cell against another cell and copying/pasting data

Justin Pulley wrote on 6/7/2012 :
On Jun 7, 9:39*am, Bob Flanagan wrote:
Justin, the good news is what you want to do is very doable. *You have
done an excellent job of describing. The bad news is those who answer
posts will seldom create large application answers like you
described. *If you divide your task up into many small tasks, like get
sheets to compare, get cells to compare, how to compare two cells, how
to loop through cells, how to edit paste the results, and even finer
this allows you to tackle the pieces. *And, when you get stuck, to
post the code you have written so others can comment.

Robert Flanagan
Add-ins.com LLChttp://www.add-ins.com

On Jun 6, 12:23*pm, Justin Pulley wrote:

Well I have very little experience using VBA at all; I have a bit of C+
+ and Java/HTML, but those are different. If there is somewhere I can
go to get an idea of the commands available in VBA I would be happy to
try my hand at writing some of the code. I might just have to bite
the bullet and buy a VBA programming book, but I want to avoid that if
possible because I am not being paid back for those kinds of things.

IMO, if you're being paid to do VBA programming projects then you owe
it to yourself to upgrade your employable skills on your own dime &
time.

Otherwise, doing the task manually while recording a macro is a good
start toward getting exposure to VBA commands, and the objects Excel
exposes to VBA. You can do this via Tools-Macros-Record Macro
(pre-XL2007), or via the Developer tab in versions using the MSO
Ribbon.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!