erstaples erstaples is offline
Junior Member

Gord,

Is it safe to say that you're a bit stumped on this one? Just wondering if I should keep checking back for an answer or not... I am continuing to research VBA and will post if I come up with a solution on my own. Just reaching out to see if it's possible...

Thanks,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by erstaples View Post
Hi Gord,

Thanks for the reply. I've been giving it some thought, and since I'm going to be passing this workbook along to users with little knowledge in excel I want to make it as simple as possible.

I researched macro buttons and I think that would be the best way to go about putting this into action. Anytime the macro button is pushed in Sheet1 it will update everything into a new row in Sheet2.

My only worry is that the macro button will be pushed too often, posting to sheet2 haphazardly, or submitting duplicate entries. Here is a simplified version of the information I want submitted:

Column 1: Job Number 2: Client 3: Description 4: Time to completion

Anytime the button is pushed with a new job number, i want data from Sheet1 to be entered on a new row. If the button is pushed with the same job number I want Sheet2 to simply update that information.

For instance, if this is on Sheet2

Column 1: Job# 44123 2:Microsoft 3:Business Cards 4: 8 hours

And the button is pressed with this information:

Column 1: Job#44123 2: Microsoft 3:Business Cards 4: 2 hours

I want to simply update the information on the existing row.

If it's an entirely new job number I want the information the next open row.

I hope this makes sense.

I'm new to VBA, but I think that what I'm looking for, in part, is an IF code. Something like

IF it's an existing job number in column 1, then update adjacent columns 2,3,4,
Else enter data to new row...

I hope this makes sense.

Eric