Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Need a little help!

Select the column.

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byOther(

NextNextDo not Import Column(skip)Finish

Now editreplace the remaining ) with nothing.

Gord

On Wed, 30 May 2012 01:33:55 +0000, Xeralize
wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm not exactly new to excel but what I'm going to ask could be
considered as a newbie question.

So let's get things started.

Lets say I have something like :

Code:
--------------------

Mr Patrick Yong (Chief Executive Officer)
Mr Yoshiro Furumi (Managing Director)

--------------------

And the list goes on.

What I want know is, how do I remove the name leaving only their job
title behind?

I actually want it to be replaced like below :

Code:

Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director

I have tried using find and replace where I find " ? (*) " and replace
with "*". However, I do not think it's just possible as the whole thing
would be replaced with * instead of the wildcard that is defined.

A little help guys?