baked_dog baked_dog is offline
Junior Member

Default Macro or filter to extract/delete data on value match

Screenshot: http://iphoneapp.net78.net/test/Capture.JPG
File: http://iphoneapp.net78.net/test/Problem1.xlsx

Hi Everyone,

I'll try and explain my problem as best I can.

Per my attachment (which is a dummy sample of data from a sheet I have of over 3000 lines). I would like to extract data on a 'found' match (between columns B & E) or delete on a 'not' found ...which ever is easier to do.

The Data in blue is from my system (about 400 lines in my real excel sheet). The data in Green is from a clients (goes down to about 2,500 lines), and this is the data I am trying to extract/delete.

I have not dealt with macros before but I believe the solution would lie in a script that would
check (as an example) if E7 is in Column B,
if ('Not' is found): delete rows including and between C103428(E7) & 'Total'(E9)
This would then leave the data I would like to use ...or is there a way to group r filter as such?

Sorry if this is convoluted, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution. I appreciate any help given.

Cheers.
Attached Images