Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Conditional Formatting based on cell text

In message of Tue, 22 May 2012
14:27:46 in microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions, Saucer Man
writes
I am currently filling in the entire row Yellow if the cell in column Q
doesn't have anything in it. I want to fill with a different color if
the first characters in the cell are "Shipped". How do I do this? I
am using the following formula to fill it yellow...

=NOT(ISBLANK($Q4))

I do that with two conditional formats.
On B3, I have Condition 1
Cell Value Is greater than 10
and Condition 2
Formula Is =AND(B3<4,B3<"

The Format...s for the two conditions select different colors in the
Patterns tab.
--
Walter Briscoe