Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger G. Fisher Roger G. Fisher is offline

Default Counting Days

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:22:11 AM UTC-5, rajeshv19 wrote:
Hello All,
Might need some help here..I have a series of customer lists, i.e.
Account no. along with transaction dates. The list looks like this,
Account Transaction Dates
750002 29/04/2010
750002 27/07/2010
750004 25/02/2010
750004 03/03/2010
750004 20/04/2010
750004 27/04/2010
Column A – Account and Column B- Transaction Dates.
What I wanted to find is number of days between first, second and third
transactions by an account. This is to gauge what are the dates between
his purchases. Assuming I have a list of close to 30k customers who
could have one/ ten transaction dates against them, it would be great to
have a formula to do this trick.
Cheers

--
rajeshv19

A formula that is not publicized in Excel is the =datediff()

The syntax for DATEDIF is as follows:

=DATEDIF(Date1, Date2, Interval)

Whe
Date1 is the first date,
Date2 is the second date,
Interval is the interval type to return.

Here is a link to describe this in detail
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx