Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Hyperlinks changed by Excel again!

Terry Pinnell explained :
Thanks Garry. So, if from now on I keep the workbook in the same permanent
location, and re-enter absolute locations for my hyperlinks yet again, can
I then rely on that to work permanently?

Nope! Won't work too well if you move the files elsewhere. (Using
absolute locations only works when you don't move anything around<g!)

Note that the files I am linking are in several different folders, across
a couple of drives, if that matters. (It certainly makes it hard to define
a useful 'base'.)

I suggest you use a different method of tracking. Perhaps a file
listing utility that also stores the folder path somewhere on the sheet
the files are listed on. Concludes using 1 sheet per folder path. The
utility can include some right-click menus that let you process
selected files in the list however you want.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc