EXLNeophyte EXLNeophyte is offline
Junior Member

Default Find and Replace

Greetings,

I have a project and need some help with a find and replace macro. I have seen similar posts; however, I do not understand the language and or syntax so I need more direct assistance.

I have a multi-page workbook. Sheet 1 column A contains a list of names, positions, addresses, etc. I would like to search Sheet 2, Sheet 3… column D for each occurrence in Sheet 1 column A. If a match is found then replace it with the contents of Sheet 1 column B same row that the matched word is found.
For Example:
Sheet 1 Column A, row 2 <dog….Sheet 2 Column D, row 10 finds <dog, then goes back to Sheet 1 Column B row 2 reads <cat and replaces <cat for <dog on Sheet 2 Column D, row 10. The find and replace macro continues until all words on Sheet 1 Column A have been searched...there are more than 750 user entries containing letters and numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.