Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default How to get SUM of range of cells based on two separate dropdown selections.

On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:30:30 +0000, Bretai2k wrote:

I have 2 dropdowns (A2 and B2) on sheet 1 that both reference cells B2
through B75 on sheet 2. I want to be able to do a SUM of all cells in
the B column of sheet 2 between what I select in dropdowns A2 and B2.

I can provide examples if this is not clear enough.

TIA

Try: =SUM(INDIRECT(A2&":"&B2))

(Assumes when you write "between" you want to also include the cells identified in A2 and B2).