Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz[_2_] Maury Markowitz[_2_] is offline

Default 64-bit ADODB in Excel

On May 3, 2:26*pm, GS wrote:
Frustrating it all is that the only error I get is the dreaded generic
"Automation Error".

This error suggests the problem is with your connection string
construct.

Normally, but I've also seen it come back from all sorts of things,
from network errors to priv problems.

I believe the 2.x ADODB libs are 32-bit and so I suspect the
6.0 version is 64-bit and what you should use.

Can you think of a way to test this for sure?

Also, v12+ MSO apps use the "ACE" provider as its generic db engine.
Try switching to ACE with ref to ADODB 6.0!

The database in question is 64-bit Firebird. Is ACE like Jet, in that
you can use it as a meta-database to "reach through" to other data
sources?