Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz[_2_] Maury Markowitz[_2_] is offline

Default 64-bit ADODB in Excel

I'm having a devil of a time calling a database via an ODBC connection
that works perfectly in MSQuery via a DSN. I've tried every connection
string we could think of, including using a DSN=. No joy.

So perhaps this is a versioning issue? Is there a different Reference
I need to include if I'm using 64-bit? Both Excel and the ODBC driver
in question are 64-bit versions, but perhaps the ADODB I selected is
wrong?

I see 2.0 through 2.8, and 6.0. I tried with 2.6 and 6.0, but that
didn't help.

Frustrating it all is that the only error I get is the dreaded generic
"Automation Error".