View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiziC View Post
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I'm trying to use a combination of an If equation and a VLookup across two different spreadsheets and I'm not sure how to word the formula.
Basically, on the SZX TEST 1.0 spreadsheet, if the contents of Column C is 'Y' then on the Column B on the SZX Delivery Note 1.0 is filled in with the VLookup, and if Column C is blank, then Column B is also blank.
The formula I've been trying is:
=IF('[SZX TEST 1.0.xls]MT'!$C:$C="Y","=VLOOKUP($A:$A,'[SZX SHENZEN TEST (2).xls]MT'!$B:$AA,6,FALSE)","")
And I know the VLookUp part is right but I think I've messed up on wording of it perhaps? To be honest Column C doesn't need to be 'Y', it could be a number like '1' just as long as the formula works I'm not fussed on letter/number is in Column C.
I realise I probably haven't explained it too well, but I've attached the two spreadsheets if that helps?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Many thanks,
Liz
Dear LiziC, Good Afternoon.

Try to change your formula.

Before=IF('[SZX TEST 1.0.xls]MT'!$C:$C="Y","=VLOOKUP($A:$A,'[SZX SHENZEN TEST (2).xls]MT'!$B:$AA,6,FALSE)","")

Now..:=IF('[SZX TEST 1.0.xls]MT'!$C:$C="Y",VLOOKUP($A:$A,'[SZX SHENZEN TEST (2).xls]MT'!$B:$AA,6,FALSE),"")

Please, tell me if it worked for you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil