View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becxky View Post
I currently have a spreadsheet containing data about students in our organization. At the bottom of each column, I have inserted formulas to total the various data / text / data range occurrences. Each formula is set to read a dynamic column (for example, to calculate the number of students we have from latin america, among other regions, I use: =COUNTIF(I$2:INDIRECT("R[-1]C",0),"la"). This works perfectly when I am inserting new rows and entering information cell by cell.

My problem is that I wish to copy / paste data from other spreadsheet documents into the main spreadsheet. I insert the appropriate number of rows and copy/ paste the new data. When I do, the formulas won't register the new values - only the data that was there previously.

Is there any way that I can copy / paste data so that my formula's read it?

I would GREATLY appreciate your help!!

Thanks
Have you checked that the data you paste in is in exactly the same format as that which was there already?

Sometimes they look the same but actually are formatted differently.

You could use the format pasting tool (the icon that looks like a paint brush) to ensure this is the case.

Other than that, without an example workbook I'd be hard pushed to come up with a better reason as to why it's not doing what you expect it should.

S.