Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montenegro Mick View Post
How do I extract month and year to a single cell from a cell that contains dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss?

By way of example:
Cell A2 contains, 4/01/2011 11:25:30 AM

Cell B2 to contain, Jan 2011
(However, it is not to carry over any of the non required data from cell A1.. That is, I don't want day or time)

Outcome is a Pivot Table that tracks order fulfillment - Orders submitted in a month and completions for the month and months that follow.

Mick
Hi Mick,

In B2 enter =EOMONTH(A2,-1)+1 then format it to mmm/yyyy

What is does is force all the dates to be the first day of their respective month. Then when formatted as you desire they can be used in pivots etc. and the time element is it ignored.

Hope that helps.

S.