Mazzaropi Mazzaropi is offline
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjase14 View Post
Hi there
I am trying to get a cell to look at four other cells and provide a comment based on whether there is data in the other four cells or not... I'm guessing I would use the IF and IFBLANK functions?
I have a series of sites which have four columns of data with numerical values in them, but not all schools have data for all of the columns. I therefore want to add a 5th column titled 'Data Quality' which looks at whether there is data in one or more of the 4 columns. e.g. If there is data in one column the comment would be 'Poor', data in two columns would be 'average', data in three columns would be 'good' and data in all columns would be 'excellent'. It would look something like this...
Data Quality
Site 1 52 89 84 89 Excellent
Site 2 52 52 Average
Site 3 18 58 52 Good
Is there any way to do this in Excel?
Thanks very much,
Jason
HELP from BRAZIL <<<<<

Dear Jason, Good Morning.

Try to use this formula at Data Quality column.

=LOOKUP(COUNTA(B2:E2),{1.2.3.4},{"Poor"."Average". "Good"."Excellent"})

Adapt the range B2:E2 to your real case at worksheet.

Tell me if it worked for you.
I´ll be here for some time.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,