Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul D Smith Paul D Smith is offline

Default Identify adjacency cells with same value

"Paul D Smith" wrote in message
...snip...

That would certainly work but I was hoping to be able to avoid VBA loops
if possible as I find them generally slow. My problem is slightly simpler
than your general solution in that I know that:

1. I know the rows affected
2. All rows have data
3. All rows with identical data will be adjacent.

Currently I use a loop which keeps walking the rows whilst the row data
equals that in the first row (and then logically move the first row
forward when I find a mismatch) but I was hoping there was a more elegant
solution.

Paul DS

Looking on the web, using "=EXACT()" seems to be a way to do this.
Basically set another column which says "Is this the same as the cell in the
next row" and then work on the "False" values which indicate a change.

Paul DS