Mastermind4real Mastermind4real is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind4real View Post
I am currently working on this project at work and I need help. I have about 100 different variables with lats and long assigned to them. I used the equation below to find the distance from point a to point b, but now I am trying to come up with an additional equation that when I pick one of the variables, I can enter whatever miles I want and it will return all variables with lats and long within that circumference of the distance that I've entered. The equation I used for finding the miles is below:

=ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF A)) *COS(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF B)) +SIN(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF A)) *SIN(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF B)) *COS(RADIANS(LATITUDE OF A- LONGTITUDE OF B))) *3958.756
it seems that the resource you gave me is trying to find the distance from point A to point B and not tell me what I am trying to solve. I am trying to find Places within a distance of a know point