Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cimjet[_3_] Cimjet[_3_] is offline

Default Longtitude and Latitude Question

Hi
Check this link, it maybe usefull to you.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/LatLong.aspx
HTH
Cimjet
"Mastermind4real" wrote in message

I am currently working on this project at work and I need help. I have
about 100 different variables with lats and long assigned to them. I
used the equation below to find the distance from point a to point b,
but now I am trying to come up with an additional equation that when I
pick one of the variables, I can enter whatever miles I want and it will
return all variables with lats and long within that circumference of the
distance that I've entered. The equation I used for finding the miles
is below:

=ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF A)) *COS(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF B))
+SIN(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF A)) *SIN(RADIANS(90- LATITUDE OF B))
*COS(RADIANS(LATITUDE OF A- LONGTITUDE OF B))) *3958.756

--
Mastermind4real