widman

I can't answer the first part, but the second part is easy
just enter into a1 =IF(b1=0,0,NOW())
format a1 as a date
in tools/options uncheck show zeros

"ccarmock" wrote:

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells
after data has been entered?

Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some
cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data
into.

What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row
in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected
area automatically.

Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate
one cell with a date when another is filled?

Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into
column B cthe corresponding entry in column A gets filled with todays
date.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Clive