Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Naming cells

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:55:17 -0700 (PDT), Louja wrote:

In order to help with formulas I was going to name cells. This is because the info is in horizontal rows but I am using it to create a journal which will be vertical.

There are various names on each row.

There are lots of rows is there any short cut so that all the cells on row 1 are name1, age1 etc then the second row it would be name2, age2. Apart from me manually changing everything?

I don't think there is without using VBA.

Depending on your formulas, you may be able to just name the range (Have labels in row one; select your table; then use the Create Names wizard).
You could then refer to each item using the Index function: =INDEX(Name,1)