Stephen Karanja Stephen Karanja is offline
Junior Member

Wink Excel wont Paste Special wont paste formulas it says Unicode text

I recently had a problem with Excel on my work computer where it didnt want to paste special. It would only paste the values and when ever I tried to use "paste special", I got a message about "unicode text" or "text".

After hours of trying to figure it out, I called the IT guy and he figured it out.

It was the SKYPE to CALL function that I had installed on my machine when I was installing skype the week before.

He un-installed that function by going to the control panel and removing the skype to call funtion but he did not remove all of skype b/c he said the auto calling function was the issue NOT the whole skype program.

After restarting the machine, excel was restored to its original functionality.

I just thought this might be helpful to somebody somewhere.

Thanks

Stephen K