Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Yunus Yunus is offline

Default Adding days to a date - changed in Excel 2010

In article <10338193.3650.1333912053427.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@vbab2, says...

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Office 2010 from 2007.

I have a spreadsheet I use regularly which has a date column.

In Excel 2007 I could change the dates in the date column by copying a value from a cell e.g. 31 and the using Paste Special-Add on the date cells. This would add 31 days to the dates in the cells.

This doesn't work the same in Excel 2010. If I try the method above I'm left with a value of 31 in the cells.

Can anyone help with how I should be adding values to a date in Excel 2010?

Thanks

Glenn

Have you ensure the Calculations are set to Automatic?

Click Office Button(top Left Hand of worksheet).
Select Excel Options then Formulas and then ensure Workbook Calculations
is set to Auto