Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Adding days to a date - changed in Excel 2010

"Robinsg" wrote:
In Excel 2007 I could change the dates in the date column
by copying a value from a cell e.g. 31 and the using
Paste Special-Add on the date cells. This would add 31
days to the dates in the cells.

This doesn't work the same in Excel 2010. If I try the
method above I'm left with a value of 31 in the cells.
Can anyone help with how I should be adding values to a
date in Excel 2010?

Works just fine for me. I suspect you simply made a mistake, perhaps a
misunderstanding of the new user-interface in 2010.

Unfortunately, this forum does not permit pasting images into postings.
That would be the easiest way to explain the correct usage. In the future,
post to the Excel forum in the Microsoft Answers Forums,
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel.

In XL2010, after copying the cell with 31 and selecting the cell(s) that 31
should be added to, right-click and click on the words "Paste Special", not
any of the icons under the words "Paste Options". Then you will see the
same menu that you are familiar with. Of course, you would click on Add,
then OK.

(FYI, the "Paste Options" icons make it much easier to do other common
paste-special operations like pasting values and pasting functions.)