Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Inserting a string in a cell reference

On Friday, April 6, 2012 7:34:33 PM UTC-5, Joao Andre wrote:
down vote favorite
share [g+] share [fb] share [tw]

Dear All,

I have in a cell ("I8") the name of the sheet and I in another cell I
want to get the value of a cell that is located in a different workbook
but has the same name. So I've tried:

='[Results.xlsx]'&I8&'!$P$2

but I get an error. I've tried using " but I also get an error. I've
done this already but I haven't got the excel file with me. Any advise
is welcome.

Kind regards,

Joćo

--
Joao Andre

If the source wb is closed you may just use the formula referencing the sheet. Then you could use editreplaceoldsheetname with newsheetname