Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default Inserting a string in a cell reference

hi Joćo,

the INDIRECT function will work if the file " Results.xlsx" is open

=INDIRECT("'[Results.xlsx]"&I8&"'!$P$2")

if not you can use a vba solution

--
isabelle

Le 2012-04-06 20:34, Joao Andre a écrit :
down vote favorite
share [g+] share [fb] share [tw]

Dear All,

I have in a cell ("I8") the name of the sheet and I in another cell I
want to get the value of a cell that is located in a different workbook
but has the same name. So I've tried:

='[Results.xlsx]'&I8&'!$P$2

but I get an error. I've tried using " but I also get an error. I've
done this already but I haven't got the excel file with me. Any advise
is welcome.

Kind regards,

Joćo