JE McGimpsey

It's likely that your numbers were entered as Text. This often happens
when pasting information into a worksheet Text entries are not affected
by number formats.

To coerce the text back to a number, copy an empty cell. Select your
numbers and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add
radio buttons. Click OK.

In article ,
"Kirsten" wrote:

I have a list that has 3 columns in it....a number column, a column for the
name, and then another colomn for where that file is. I am trying to list in
order of the first column (which is the number column) because that is how we
find the file. BUT, when I sort, the sorting doesnt sort right. I have 2000
numbers then 1990 numbers then more 2000 number when there shouldnt be. I
have checked all the formatting and everything seems to be the same. Can
someone help me on why this is doing this!!