Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian74 View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to have a spreadsheet where i check the delivery time on orders (attached a picture).
Essentially, it calculates the difference between the "Promised Date (A1)" and the "Atual Date (A2)" i.e. A1-A2
The problem is where is have blank cells with no information yet. then i get the nice error message "#VALUE!"

Can anyone help in having these cells show nothing instead of the error message?

Thank you!
I think you may have got the cells in your formula above wrong. A1 looks like a header cell rather than one that contains a date.

It's simple enough to make the error message not show using:

=IF(promised_date="","",promised_date-actual_date)

and just swap promised_date and actual_date with the correct cell refs and copy down.