Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Excel and the Math Coprocessor for DLLs

"Martin Brown" wrote:
I need a version stripped to the absolute minimum bare
bones and preferably as an MSC project DLL to trace into
the executable code and or with an assembler listing of
the generated code.

Yes. That is what I provided in lynntest.zip. I wish Lynn would compile
that in his/her environment, report the results and make the zip archive of
the resulting DLL and other files.

"Martin Brown" wrote:
And I believe my interpretation (no misreading) is reinforced
by this example in that webpage:
_control87( _EM_INVALID, _MCW_EM );
// DENORMAL is unmasked by this call
_controlfp( _EM_INVALID, _MCW_EM );
// DENORMAL exception mask remains unchanged

[....]
I suspect that this is down to a difference between the
implementation on the Watcom C compiler and in the MS
Visual Studio. Same symbolic names are being used but
with very different constant values!

Yes. I came to the same conclusion while I was out biking and "gymming".