Jonathan Cooper

Not sure exactly what your trying to do but, this example will get you started.

Sheet names: Data, January, February, etc...

On the Data sheet, in cell B1, you have the following formula

=INDIRECT(A1&"!A1")

This basically says take the text in A1 and concatenate it together with an
exclamation point and the reference A1. Result: =January!A1

This then looks at the January worksheet on cell A1.

Hope that helps.

"ATK" wrote:

I have a need to add text to a formula that references another cell.

Say on one worksheet, I have a column of text from January to December.
Also, I have worksheets named from January to December. I have
multiple cell references for each worksheet, but they are always the
same cell for each worksheet, i.e. January!A1, February!A1, etc.

How can I reference these cells without typing in the January! part (or
selecting them from each sheet). Ideally, I would like to be able to
point to a cell and effectively say add a cell reference to it and have
it return the value of that cell.

--
ATK
ATK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27662