Jash Jash is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Carey View Post
=SUMPRODUCT(C9:N9,--(MOD(COLUMN(C9:N9)-2,3)=0))

"Steve" wrote:

In cell DC9 I want to enter a formula that will give me the sum of
E9+H9+K9+N9+...(every third column in row 9). Is this possible without
having to type out =E9+H9+...?

This saved another person after 7 years: Me.

Can anyone tell me why it's -2,3 in the MOD function? I can't figure it out.

I use the formula for column B2 to CZ2. I skip 1 column. (so summarizing B, D, F, H, and so on.) I used -1,2 instead of the -2,3 from the previous posting. But it worked, the results seem to be correct. But only column B2 to E2 have data and i don't know if it will be correct when more data will come. That's why i need to know what the -2,3 stands for in the old example.