Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Generating Fresh Copies Of an Excel Document

After serious thinking Diane Van wrote :
We will see what the orginal poster says, but at my flying club, they print
out the log book sheets each day (and many days they need more than one
sheet). As planes are rented, the renter fills in the details him/herself,
signs out the plane, the sheet is authorized/signed by the club, and the
sheet is left at the desk on a clipboard. That way everyone can see when a
plane is due to be returned and who has it. Perhaps someone enters all this
info into an ongoing Excel sheet, but I doubt it.

So all he needs is a date and page code in the template, really. If this is
what his club does.

Good point!
I interpret your meaning of 'print out the log book sheets' each day as
meaning this info is constantly being updated during any given day with
new info entered during the course of that day, from that manual
sign-in/sign-out sheet.

My suggestion implies a consolidated record that's being kept of each
day's activities, which gets updated with entries from some manually
written source. In this case a sign-in/sign-out template that
duplicates the log worksheet's input portion that's needed for adding
entries would have to be used. This template would obviously provide
only enough lines to fit a printed page, and would (optionally) not
need to be stored after its data was entered into the record log
worksheet.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!