callumwk callumwk is offline
Junior Member

Question Generating Fresh Copies Of an Excel Document

Ok this is what I need to do with a workbook

The workbook is a log book for a flying club.
I need to be able to generate a new copy for almost every day, probably by using a button on 'yesterdays' one.

It needs to be date stamped so it will be called something like Log_23_03_12 then when you add new sheet it will be stamped Log_24_03_12 if it’s the next day but if it’s the same day it should be something like Log(2) _23_03_12.
Then each year you would start a new spreadsheet and archive the old one.

I think if I keep the first worksheet as a template so call it Log_Master. And never fill it in so when you make new sheet it is empty not full with last entries. Use this as the copy sheet. I need to work out how to copy all the sheet into a new sheet that is added after the last.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone in advance!
Also, I don't know much about coding, so help me a bit

Callum.W.K.
P.s. Save as wont work for this.