Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor200 View Post
Hi Thanks for your reply, that sound like a good idea, i am not sure how to use index and match as i usually just use the Vlookup and Hlookup.

I would be bring the date in via SQL into a Excel template where a pivot table would be updated using refresh or a macro, the reason for the layout of the spreadsheet that it would be a pivot table of the order-book.

If we could not format in pivot table i could lok at bring the data into the spreadsheet via query and change the date there to Jan-12.

Ill have a look at this also,
Right, if you change the date formats so on the "Data" tab cell D2 shows as Jan-12, G2 is Feb-12, J2 is Mar-12 etc...

Then on the "Orderbook" tab, B2 is Jan-12, C2 is Feb-12, D2 is Mar-12 etc...

The formula you'll need in cell D3 on the Data tab is :

=INDEX(Orderbook!$A$2:$Y$8,MATCH(Data!$A3,Orderboo k!$A$2:$A$8,0),MATCH(Data!D$2,Orderbook!$A$2:$Y$2, 0))

Make sure all the $'s are in the right place and you will be able to copy this formula to all of the orange cells in rows 3-8 on the Data tab and it's job done.

If you need any help with that the formula is actually doing just let me know :)

Micks suggestion above would work too, and would probably be simpler, but if you ever have to change the dates, add 'parts' to the list or a number of other changes, then this approach will be more easily adapted to fit that.