subie2gx subie2gx is offline
Junior Member

Default Need help with using Month as criteria for SUM(COUNTIFS(...

Hi all,

I am fairly new to excel and experimenting some functions with my project. I have a SOLD datasheet with Sold Date (column W) in MM/DD/YYYY format). I am trying to count the items with a few criteria using =SUM(COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2,...criteria_rangeN, criteriaN))

Current formulas are working without any problem.

Now, i want to narrow down by months and found out that MONTH functions does not work with current formulas.

So i tried adding IF function in front of the current formula
Jan=1, Feb=2, ... , Dec = 12

=IF(MONTH(SOLD!W:W)=1, SUM(COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, ...criteria_rangeN, criteriaN),0)

Well, that did not work well for all fields. I already have 6 criteria without the date.

Please help!