Glenn Mulno

Default Linking two sheets in different books

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked 1000 times already ...

I have two Excel files
file1.xls
file2.xls

File1 gets auto-generated each night and populated with the latest data.

I wish to create several graphs that use all the data in file1.xls but can't
create in file1 as it gets rewritten each night.

Several years ago I believe I did something where I entered a formula in
cell A1 of Sheet1 of file2.xls such that it pulled the entire contents of
Sheet1 of file1.xls into sheet1 of file2.xls. However - I can not figure
out how I did this years ago and all the references I have found looking
around seem to only talk about bringing over only a few cells. For example:

The full range of data in file1.xls is not consistent with each run so I can
not just hard code a specific range of cells. I just want to pull in the
entire sheet from the first file into the second file and have it be a
reference that gets refreshed with each opening.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on this? Please let me know if this is not
explained well enough or if I need to provide more details.

Many thanks,

--
Glenn