Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default VBA - Insert row, copy contents of original row except forcontents of columns A-N

On Feb 21, 12:10*pm, Royzer wrote:
Hi. This code inserts a row and copies formulas (only) to the new row.
The problem I have run into is that I didn't know our users were adding
and subtracting within cells, which means their numbers are being
duplicated on the new row when those new cells are supposed to be blank.
I need to find a way to make cells on the new row blank from column A
through column N.

Thanks!

Code:
--------------------

* Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
* Cancel = True
* With Target
* .Offset(1).EntireRow.Insert
* .EntireRow.Copy .Offset(1).EntireRow(1)
* With .Offset(1).EntireRow
* .Cells(1).ClearContents
* On Error Resume Next
* .SpecialCells(2).ClearContents
* On Error GoTo 0
* End With
* End With
* End Sub

--------------------

--
Royzer

Earlier post had a slightly different request. "clear for b"
Just change the code I sent earlier from 256 to 13. Put in
ThisWorkbook module
Fires from col A

Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick _
(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Target
Rows(.Row + 1).Insert
Rows(.Row).Copy .Offset(1)
Cells(.Row + 1, 2).Resize(, 14).ClearContents
..Offset(1).Select
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub